Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I have a sabbatical hat


When Dawn and I went on a special trip for our 10th wedding anniversary (a cruise to Mexico), I bought a hat. I found it at the docks in Acapulco. It sold a few weeks ago at our yard sale because I decided it didn't fit so well, in fact it gave me a headache.

When Dawn and I were guests of the Mission Builders in Carefree Arizona, we poked around Scottsdale ("Old Scottsdale", which is a fun touristy place), I bought a hat. I'm afraid that I'll soon have to get a storage bin for all my doggone hats.

As I pulled into McCall I stopped at the grocery store for some milk. You guessed it, they had hats! I thought to myself that I really "need" a sabbatical hat, so for $10 I got a real deal. What a great way to mark my time of renewal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, James. I'm beginning to hear some similarity between you and another Minnesotan I love...Garrison Keiler. In fact, I was listening to one of his stories just yesterday and closing my eyes, I could almost hear you reading it. Strange that you two have the same wacky view of life! Is it something in the water in Minnesota!?!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hat!! I'm the same way with purses! (o: