Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Speaking of Faith



From my perspective, radio will never go out of style. There is so much pleasure and benefit from this medium. One can think casually about what is being heard, while watching and thinking about another thing (like blogging, wood carving, and cooking).

This program is called "Speaking of Faith." It has a gentle and deep way of speaking about ideas, faith experience, and mystery. I've been fed by the program regularly. I'm a pastor, and I've become much more aware over the years of my need to participate in sabbath, be a listener, confess my sin, be held by the Spirit of Christ and the community of faith. Yes, I am one who "feeds" others to the best of my ability (the Spirit of Christ is really the actor here), but the human reality of who I am is also a factor. My energy is not boundless. I am not resolute. I am a broken person speaking with broken speech to broken people.

I encourage you to check out this radio program. I just download it to my iTunes. It's a free podcast. High quality and thoughtful. We could use as much thoughtfulness as possible.

No comments: