Monday, February 18, 2013

Word for Today

From Psalm 27:
8My heart speaks your message— "Seek my face."
Your face, O LORD,  I will seek.

From Genesis 15:
 5 God brought Abram outside and said, "Look toward heaven and count the stars, if you are able to count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your descendants be."  

Wouldn't you love to get lost in this star scape, lying on your back in the middle of a mountain meadow on a moonless summer night?

I wonder what the star scape was like when Abram looked at it. God was giving a promise to a childless man (childless from one perspective!). The promise was that Abram would be the father of many. Children are divine blessings. I don't suppose God and Abram lied down on their backs in order to gaze at the stars that night, but the mental picture is nice!

I hope this image stirs your heart a little. The psalm above mentions something about a message that the human heart knows. As if a dialog is happening between the heart and the mind:

Heart: "Seek the face of God."
Mind: "Yes! I will."

I pray for that kind of harmony between my heart and mind. I also pray for the driving passion that comes from the heart, which is created to seek God. I pray for you and me to seek God's face. Together.

Read about this picture here


Inside Globular Cluster M22


Pastor James Aalgaard
/W/orshipping/I/nviting/S/tudying/E/ncouraging/G/iving/P/raying/S/erving

No comments: