Monday, August 4, 2008

Back into the Swing of things


I give thanks to God for this time that I was able to have, of renewal, of reconnecting with family, of learning. Yesterday was my first Sunday back. The congregation had a cake for me which read, "Welcome back Paster James." Only a few people noticed the typo. This was a fun time of reconnecting with the people who have called me to be their pastor. Now comes the interesting and exciting challenge of seeing how things could be approached from a different perspective.

Good times reconnecting with people in the congregation. Now it's time to be back into the swing of things. I'm in the back and forth rhythms now (sorta like a pendulum), and am seeking to function better out of my sense of call to the ministry of Word and Sacrament.

This is a quick little note to say I've enjoyed my sabbatical and will think of experiences of that time, far into the future.

No comments: