Friday, September 20, 2013

Bridging

I finished my call with St Paul Lutheran Church in Ontario Oregon on September 8th. It had been thirteen full years of challenges and joys. I was honored to walk with people of that community as they celebrated and grieved. We came up with some big dreams together. Even though the way wasn't always smooth, there was momentum and direction. I believe we were drawn together even as we were reaching out.

Soon I start at my next call, with the people of Grace Lutheran Church in Wenatchee Washington. It will be wonderful to learn what they have been doing and see what we can learn together about God's intentions for them and the whole community. I look forward to the move!

In between, during these few weeks of September, I have a different set of responsibilities. In this between-time I look more deeply inside myself, I am quieter, and I wonder. Tomorrow I turn forty-two. I am on my way. I am on God's way.

What can we learn about ourselves by realizing how long we stay on the bridge? What does it mean to cross too fast? Too slow? To never cross at all? I just read somewhere, "today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday".



Photo credit: awesomenator.com

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Ontario, Oregon, United States

1 comment:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Happy Belated Birthday, James. May the journey give you much adventure.