Monday, April 15, 2013

Word for Today

Revelation 7:17
for the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd, 
and he will guide them to springs of the water of life,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

When I think of the Lamb of God (Agnus Dei), I think of Jack and Alice Roberts (members of our congregation in Ontario). When I think of Jack and Alice, I think of the Moravian Church, where Jack and Alice belonged (along with their family) when they lived in Winston Salem N.C. When I think of all these images together, I recall the slogan that goes with the Moravian's favorite symbol..



Our lamb has conquered, let us follow him. How perfect is that. It brings to mind sacrifice, love, and future-oriented faith. If we follow our lamb into the future, we will be led into a life of ministry that involves risk, joy, fellowship, all stuff that we can call the New Creation. Think of that for a moment, following the Lamb who has conquered into the future! The book of Revelation has the Lamb on the throne. A Lamb who is a shepherd. A lamb who leads. A lamb who cares for us. This is both comforting and empowering!

The Moravian Church has a very helpful motto: "In essentials, Unity; In Nonessentials, Liberty; in ALL Things, Love"

As I write this devotional, we are shocked by explosions in Boston near the finish line. Latest reports are that two have died and one hundred are injured. We who pray are called to pray for God to wipe away every tear. Especially I pray for peace that only the conquering Lamb can give.

Our Lamb Has Conquered. Let Us Follow Him





Pastor James Aalgaard
St. Paul Lutheran Church


/W/orshipping/I/nviting/S/tudying/E/ncouraging/G/iving/P/raying/S/erving


No comments: