Monday, March 5, 2012

Word for Today

From Exodus 20,
 2I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;  3you shall have no other gods before me.

From Psalm 19,
1The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky proclaims its maker's handiwork.
2One day tells its tale to another,
and one night imparts knowledge to another.

14Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
 be acceptable in your sight,
O LORD, my rock (or strength) and my redeemer.   

From First Corinthians 1,
we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block

From John 2
"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"...     ...he was speaking of the temple of his body
I don't know much about laying floor tile. I do know that it makes a big difference whether or not you start well! If you have a swell in your subfloor you're going to have problems. If the corners of your room are not 90 degrees you're going to have a problem. If your first tile is crooked, well you know.

According to the Do It Yourself network, here are the steps: 1) Prepare the Substrate, 2) Lay Out the Pattern, 3) Make the Cuts, 4) Apply the Mastic, 5) Lay the Tiles, 6) Grout the Joints.

These "steps" are not so far from the spiritual life. There is a natural flow, or progression, that gives language to our life in Christ. So without further ado, let me try a prayer based (perhaps loosely) on these six steps:

1)Lord God, creator of heaven and earth, you have prepared me and my nights and days. 2)You have given me in succession life, mercy, pardon, promise and purpose. 3)I repent of my failings, of attempting to be You, of dismissing the value of the lives with which you surround me. 4)Let me more clearly, nearly and dearly be as you would have me. Through Christ adhere myself to you so that 5)I may be part 6)of the whole.

You try it! Then email me back! Your prayer will enlighten me!


No comments: