Sunday, August 9, 2009

Headed to Norway


Tomorrow is a big trip for me! I'm going to Norway to see relatives, and to visit the area where my grandpa grew up. I have many goals for this trip, many hopes and dreams, and I'm so excited that I'm crawling out of my skin.

Been learning a few phrases in Norwegian.

Deciding how much to spend on gifts when I'm there.

Getting gifts ready for the family there.

Making sure that I have my camera packed, my digital voice recorder, and my computer.

My grandpa came from an area called Sokndal in the south of Norway. He grew up farming with his family. The farm couldn't sustain the family, and there had been several neighbors and relative who already left for new opportunities, so he decided to emigrate to the U.S. There is more to tell about grandpa and other ancestors of mine. Stay tuned! I'll try to get some stuff up here on this blog. I've been keeping updates in other places for a while, and so this blog has gotten cold.

No comments: