Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How has God surprised you today?

Tonight at supper, I started a conversation by saying, "Do you want to know how God surprised me today?" The kids said yes, and so I told them about an interaction that I had with one of Emily's friends, and I came away thinking that I'm glad I'm a pastor.

Natalee volunteered next. She said that God surprised her by helping her through a stomach-ache at school.

The family was really starting to get into this little summary of our day. Emily went next, and said that God surprised her when her friend let her play with a special stuffed animal.

Dawn was last to share, saying that God surprised her when an old friend gave her a phone call during the day, to catch up with her.

What good conversation! Involving God's surprises was a really fun way to talk about our day.

If you decide you want to start this in your home, I would suggest starting with yourself. "Do you want to hear how God surprised me today?" That's all you need to get started involving your relationship with God with the way your family knows you.

No comments: